Flower

| 0 comments

This project was an idea that I had for the Postcard Swap a while back. It started with some sketches that turned into an idea for a flower with a curled stem.
sketchbook flowers
At first it was very subtle, but it soon turned into a very loopy stem. I tried making a card with it, using a Micron pen, ecoline and doodles, but I didn’t like the way it turned out, at all.
flowercard
I drew some more flowers on empty cards, but there it was again: that feeling like I just couldn’t figure out what to do with this idea. What medium to use. What look I wanted it to have.
So I didn’t use it for the swap. I just didn’t know how to.
But still I can’t seem to stop drawing this flower though. I love it.
flowerdrawing
The last thing I tried was a drawing on 300 grams watercolor paper and making a background with ecoline. I applied small drops of ecoline (a few at a time), then added a bit of water and used a straw to blow it across the paper. After it drying a little, I used a wet brush to spread it out a bit.
colorfulflower
It’s a nice look, but it’s a bit too bright for my taste (it looks less bright in the picture). And it’s just not finished. But again, I don’t know where to go from here..

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.